Does waterproofing really work?
Yes, waterproof coating really works. It proves to be perfect in basement, roof top, water bodies, interior, and exterior walls etc.
Qualified inspection and proper treatment of the affected area goes a long way to keep the area dry and water repellent.
Preparation of waterproofing is also more important as the coating works only when it bonds solidly to masonry.
Besides the above the surface preparation is again most important where waterproof coating is to be used.
Choose right waterproof coating material.
Initially it is advisable that the level of moisture in walls and ceiling be checked from the qualified tester with scientific tools like moisture meter, which also helps in finding the source of leakage.
Study of Moisture level and other important parameters is necessary to finalise the right material for waterproofing on exterior and interior walls and roof top etc.
How the waterproofing material is used.
Preparation of Surface:
- First of all surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned.
- In case substance like grease or oil etc is found, it should also be cleaned and dried.
- Any damaged or un-even surface should made smooth and levelled.
Mixing of solution:
- The material should be shaken well before using it.
- The material is stirred constantly to make it smooth and slurry in a clean container.
Application of solution:
- At least two coats are necessary for long lasting results.
- Second coat is to be done after the first coat is complete dry.
Testing of treated surface:
- After application of the material on the affected area, testing for leakage is advisable.
- The commonly used tests are absorption and permeability testing.
- If the surface is not properly waterproofed and gets wet it can cause corrosion, electric hazards, or other physical damages.
At which stage one should undertake waterproofing.
Waterproofing should be done at the initial stage of construction as water leakage is not a small issue.
It can be a big problem later if not done initially during construction.
External walls are built to fill the spaces in the RCC frame.
Cracks in plasters leads to seepage of rainwater from external walls to the interiors of the building.
To avoid this seepage a high-performance waterproof coating is required.
Besides high-performing Waterproofing solution, it should be performed by a qualified professional or at least an experienced constructor to ensure effective results.
Waterproofing can also be performed during the painting process.
There are paints formulated with specialised waterproofing chemicals and advanced waterproofing technology.
They seal your walls against dampness and water leakages.
How does waterproofing works?
Waterproofing keeps the walls dry and leak proof and thus protects them from moisture etc.
The protection is in the form of membranes, coatings or sealers.
Waterproofing paints are also available, but it alone is not enough to protect the wall from dampness.
Waterproofing products are available with polymer that keeps the surface clean and dried and help protect further damages in the future.
Waterproofing not only protect the surface but also keep it looking sooth and good.
Waterproofing is the life and strength of the building. It not only saves the structure but also it saves the money by avoiding reoccurring repairs for dampness and seepage etc.